Tuesday 22 March 2011

What Is This Feeling? Failure, Unadulterated Failure.

I FAILED MATHS A! <3
Okay, so I don't know this for a fact, and usually when the words "ZOMG! I failed!" come out of my mouth, you know I'm going to get an A. But, this time, it feels different. Like the time I thought I'd failed a Physics test last year. Okay, I passed, but it was by the smallest increment that you can possibly pass. C-, D, C-, bros.
The sad thing is, I used to do Maths B, and I used to be pretty good at it. But, I got lazy, and decided to drop to Maths A, thinking it would be the easiest thing ever. It's really not. Okay, it would help if I actually listened in class, instead of getting cocky (ehehe cock) and assuming (ehehe ass) that I'm going to get an A no matter what. Truthfully, I did study pretty hard for this exam. For the past week, anyway.
Also, I found out this afternoon that my second English draft still needs work. Urgh. It's so frustrating, because I'm used to being the top of the class, and just understanding everything, despite my stress. This assessment has just been Hell for me, though. I'm just not able to really understand it. I know I'll get somewhere in the A range for my assignment, but I just wish that I felt like I'd fully been able to grasp the concepts that lie behind the assessment. Because, I'm English Nerd like that, yo.
To keep the fun times rolling, my USB died today. Yes, the USB that had pretty much everything important that I'd done in my school life Grade 9 - Present. And the idiot that is me had never bothered to back it up. So, I lost everything. This includes the Music Extension assignments that I was in the middle of writing, and all the research that I had done for them. Yep, I had to start writing from scratch this afternoon. Fun, fun, fun, fun. *twitchs like having a seizure, while doing strange RB impersonation*

Okay, depressing "DIE, ASSESSMENT, DIE!" spiel over.

I had a fun time with a few of my chums in the Library this arvo. [TenutoTuo] was kinda depressed, so we were trying to cheer him up. Apparently the best way to cheer people up is to pull the shoes off other people's feet. Well, I wouldn't have thought so, but [OldMan] certainly did. He was faux bullying me, as per usual, and when I went to kick him in jest, he ripped my shoe clean off my foot. [TenutoTuo] and I soon joined in the 'fun'. [ClearlyUnfocused] kinda did too, but she's just not as aggressive as the rest of us. Unless we're speaking in terms of David Harris. Stalker!

I was looking up apartments and rental properties that I could possibly live in after school today. Yeah, I love my family so much, but, hello life! I'm okay with building up from scratch, and starting with something simple, but [ThePrincess] seemed to want only houses of the highest calibre. She's pretty lucky to be getting a good job out of school, and have always known a life of relative luxury.
I mean, I still remember when my parents were like really poor, and we lived in a tiny little house. I used to get next to no birthday presents, and any other form of gift throughout the year was pretty much non-existent. But, it was okay, because we had each other. Actually, it was better in some ways. I wasn't so consumed with getting good things; I was just happy getting anything. My parents worked up from literally having nothing. My Mum was born into a family of 4 children, growing up on the pay of a Courier. Yes, a single income family that big managed to live off the pay of an mail man. My Dad came from a fairly wealthy family, but he gave that all up as soon as he left school, and went away to join the Air Force. As soon as he and my mother were married, they bought their own house, and paid off a mortgage, using the (very little) pay. You must understand, they did this at an age when most young adults are still going out and clubbing every night, or travelling the world. I find something really admirable about this.

As much as going without is horrible, getting things given to you in life is just no fun. It is so satisfying to work really hard for something, and then get it. And, let's face it, I'm in the [demisemiquaver] family. We never get anything just given to us. We achieve much, so people think we're lucky. But nothing we gain or achieve comes without a long, hard fight. I mean, look at me now, even. I get pretty good grades, but it's never easy. I always have to work really hard.
So, I'm looking forward to getting out of school and being around the people that I love. I don't care if I live in a cruddy little flat, and have pay my own fees and bills, living off a lame part-time job. That's all part of being young and free, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment