Monday 21 March 2011

Dancing Through Life... And Falling On Your Face

Yes, it is great to sit through your biology exam, when all you can think about is David Harris' lush Dancing Through Life riff. Gah. The test was, erm, lame. As always, my Biology teacher filled it with biased rubbish and questions that no-one could have possibly studied for. Which is good in a way, because you know what to expect, and the sort of answers that she wants. But, it's also completely infuriating.
Yesterday, I felt so good about everything. I could see the insignificance of school assignments, and all that rubbish. Today is a new day. I feel the weight of work pulling down on my shoulders. Like a burro muerto (wow. Never thought I would reference the words 'dead donkey') that is still carrying their master's load.
I really fail at de-stressing. I sound like this:
"Yeah, I'm all cool bitches. Not, a care in the World. Screw school, I choose happiness! Whoop whoop! Oh, sh*t, the English homework is due? OMGOMGOMGOMG. Must go and work on that for 3 hours, then study for other subjects and start some assignments. Ah! I wasted time not caring about school! How I'm going to fail and drop out of school and die alone and fail and get in trouble and fail and... WAAH!"
'Ello there, bipolar child. Wanna make out? ZOMG. I just asked myself to make out. What is wroooooooong with me?
See? THIS is why people shouldn't give me assessment, it turns me into the craziest chica everrrrrr.
Side note, I totally had the most odd study session today with [MissInvisible]. I really suck at remembering things. Seriously. Thank goodness she was there to help me out! ...And distract me. Actually, I was doing most of the distracting, rambling about Wicked and all. Sorry, wifey!
My Maths test is tomorrow. I really need to revise, like, now. But, I'm not going to. Mwahahaha. Actually, I will. Just wait a few minutes, and I'll cave.
Speaking of education, my parents were speaking to me about University today. Apparently, it costs $14000 to board on-campus, which is like, way too expensive. So, unless I can get a job and rent a flat with a few people, it looks like I'm going to be stuck out in a rural area, that has nothing and is close to nothing for another few years. That is exactly the sort of news I wanted to hear.
Man, I am so desperate to get out of school. Can you tell?
Being in Brisbane city last night, even if it was only early still was just... amazeballs. As Glinda says "The nightlife, the hustle and bustle, it's all so... Ozmopolitan!"
I'm dying to reach the day when I can just stay out in the city, maybe go for a few drinks, hang with my friends. Rather than having to rush home because I have school exams the next day.
That's also the great thing about University. At the end, everyone leaves with a degree, just for passing. At school, you have to work so hard to get good marks, just so you can get a decent OP and therefore hopefully get into the University you want. Which, you cannot get it the tards in your grade are dumb and can't do well on the QCS test. Yes, I'm referring to my grade there.
Anyways, I should stop ranting and actually get some stuff done. When will my life begin? I wish I could answer that question. Hopefully, it will be soon. /Tangent/ I'm already doing so much more than I could have dreamed of, with my high school life, but I've still got so far to go.
I'll leave it at that for now. A final quote from the song Die, Vampire, Die from one of my favourite musicals, [title of show]:
You sketched that turtle you saw on that ad on late night cable TV. Tippy turtle! But, your fourth grade teacher said "You can't draw", oh those vampires won't let you be. F*ck you Ms Johnson, word!
It is the height of randomness. Farewell, my little [demisemiquavers]!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, great song to have in your head during school.
    Dude, you are so autosexual. I'd ship that.

    Um, wow. If we aren't able to board (seeing as neither of us have jobs...) we could see if there are any cheaper places to rent...
    How many people would be willing to rent with us?
    Yes I totally just assumed we'd be living together. Deal with it =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? THAT totally makes me want to work.
    Hm. An autosexual ship with myself. I can dig that? xP
    Hiw crazy are the prices? I worked out that it's like $270 per week o_0
    I think renting would be a much better option, except, we would need a few people. I have no idea how many people would be willing to rent with us. I guess we'll have to just put some feelers out there from time to time.
    Ehehe. I like that you assume we'll be living together :3

    ReplyDelete