Saturday 14 May 2011

Your Weapon is Your Voice.

Greetings, good bloggers. My goodness, I am in a good mood. In fact, I've been in a really good mood all day. It doesn't make much sense, considering I left a lot of the things I need for assignment work at school, and I have three assignments and a 3000 word draft to write tomorrow. My internet is so slow that it can barely be considered working, and I should be in bed asleep. I need to practice instrumental, because I have an assessment on Monday. Despite all of this, I'm feeling really happy. Most of the seniors went to a careers expo on Friday, which, let's be honest, the vast majority of people went to because it was free and time off school. Yeah, there were some really cool freebies (giant lollipops anyone?) and I spent a good deal of time either sitting down chatting, or pigging out on food. But, when I did actually go and look around at the stalls, and when I talked to the people at the specific university that I want to go to, it was really informative. I've decided that I'm not going to be lazy, and I'm going to do the double-degree, starting next year: Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Spanish and English Literature, and Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management, majoring in Events Management. It certainly is a mouthful! I think a lot of my hobros are going to be doing Arts next year, so I'll get to see them around. Thinking that I'll still have something to do with at least some of my friends is a big relief. I really don't want to lose everyone, because well, I'm pretty much socially inept, so making new friends is hard, and I really do love my current crew.

I mean, we can all have such random times. For example, tonight I went to [TenutoTuo]'s Eurovision Second Semifinal party. I made a deathly nachos, that actually turned out to taste pretty good, and spilt half the things I tried to eat all over myself. [ClearlyUnfocused] and I ranted and dissed the twins through their whole performance, and got depressed when Bulgaria didn't get through to the finals. [GoJo] and I found out that staring at curtains was highly entertaining, and us chicas all cracked up singing "ding dong, say no more". Everyone sung along to New Tomorrow, I mean, how could you not? And, like, Jedward. Do I even need to say anymore? Disappointingly, many of the entrants that I liked didn't qualify for the Final. Devo'd. I'll still be watching it tomorrow night, though, so no epic spoilers anywhere, mmkay? Turns out that my Dad ended up watching Eurovision at home, while I was out. He had the same favourite countries as me (Bulgaria, Denmark, Slovenia, Ukraine), so whoot. Except, I loved Belgium and Ireland as well. Heck, I loved most of them, I just can;t remember them all right now. Dad totally wasn't keen on Jedward, but that was hardly surprising. Apparently my Mum really didn't like Bulgaria. What a lamo.

Eurgh. Quarter past twelve, I should probably go to bed. Mmm. Yes, I am feeling very content. But, some shout outs before I go.
[ClearlyUnfocused] - Good luck with your baptism tomorrow! I'm so sorry that I can't be there, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I find it so wonderful and inspirational that you've decided to take that step in affirming your faith. Go, you good thing! God bless.
[TentuoTuo] - I hope you're alright. As you know, I didn't fully know what was going on tonight, but I just went to check Fb and, yeah. If you need to talk any time (or not) feel free. I can haz hugs for you on Monday?
[GoJo] - Erm, yeah, just sending some love out to you too, spesh kiddo. Your Denmark reppin' tonight was totes hawt, just sayin'. xP

Bulgaria's song! </3

Okay, so we all know it's past my bedtime, because I'm starting to write drivel. Yeah? Yeah. Alright then, goodnight everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. Totally devastated that such an amazing song and an amazing artist didn't make it to the final. We love you Poli Genova! At least Slovenia made it through. :3 Epic ballad ftw.
    With the whole thing on Fb, it's all good I guess. I shall explain in full on Monday and hugs sound absolutely awesome right now.

    ReplyDelete