Saturday 14 May 2011

The worst thing in the world.

"The worst thing in the World is different for everyone." You've got that right, O'brien. You know what the worst thing in the World is for me? Hairdressers. Yes, I said it, hairdressers. I hate them so much, it's not even funny. Today I had my hair cut for the first time in eight months, because, despite the fact that I like to maintain a good body image, I have not been able to bring myself to go to a hair salon for the past few months. Lets just say, it wasn't a gopod experience. Every hairdresser that I have been to for the past 10 years has told me that I shouldn't condition my hair, because it is naturally oily, but to shampoo it everyday. So, that's what I do. Every morning, I wake up and shampoo my hair with some special expensive goo, so that it's all sqeaky clean for the day.

The hairdresser I had today spent the whole time bitching to me about how terrible I was for not conditioning my hair and treating me like an idiot, because my shampooing style is apparently flawed. Bitch, please, every other hairdresser at your stupid salon has told me not to condition my hair, so don't tell me that they didn't. You're not even empolyed there six out of seven days of the week. Yes, I know what pH is, I'm not a moron. Yes, I take good care of my hair. My apologies for missing some spots when I shampooed this morning, I didn't know that that made me an unintelligent or disgusting person. Please don't abuse my hair, because I usually take a fair bit of pride in it. Please don't laugh and snarl at me for going to a Eurovision party last night, and spending today studying. I didn't know that either of those were bad things. When I tell you "just cut the ends off", that doesn't mean "layer my hair like crazy, and hack away at everything". When I say that I want a side fringe, it most certainly does not mean give me... whatever the heck you did to my fringe. It looks so incredibly weird, I don't even know how to classify it. Finally, don't attack who I am as a person, and talk to me like I'm five years old. Just because I'm a teenager and my parents aren't there, doesn't give you the right to be rude. Despite everything, I was never rude to you, even though I wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine.

I have always hated hairdressers. Every single one that I have ever had (bar this one gay guy. He was awesomeballs) has been an incompetent fool, and sometimes downright horrible. Bitch please, don't try and force your boagn standards on me, because I don't want to hear it. To be fair, I did used to abuse my hairdressers when I was a kid, but, they had it coming. I was a shy child, and I never said anything rude to adults, ever. Even so, hairdressers managed to infuriate me to the point where I couldn't not say something to them. Urgh. I just hate how they never listen to you. You tell them to do your hair one way, and then they'll go and do something completely different, just because they feel like it. I'm always very specific with hair instructions, to try and spell it out for the morons. But, they never listen. No, they don't even come close. And, ergh, they're so high and mighty. I got sneered at today by three hairdressers, because I said I didn't want a shampoo and blowdry. Why would I? It's only going to cost my Mum more money, and I shampooed my hair this morning. Don't look down on me for that.

I can still smell the product in my hair from that detestable woman, and it is making me want to be sick. I know it's crazy to hate hairdressers that much, but they're just so... abhorrent to me. I loathe them more than I loate South Sea Bubble. And, that's just hate so strong, I can't even express it properly. It's not the whole socioeconomic thing that makes me hate them, really. I just... I can't even explain it. If someone walked up to me and told me that they were a hairdresser, I wouldn't auotmatically hate them. It's the actually having them do my hair thing that I hate. That said, I haven't exactly come across many hairdressers that are particularly exceptional human beings.

I shall stop ranting, or I'll go crazy. You've seen my rant, so, what's the worst thing in the world for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment