Wednesday 25 May 2011

Memoirs of an Antagonist

I can wholeheartedly say that I had fun in HPE today. Like, whoa. I know, you probably believed that the rapture was going to happen a few days ago more than you believe I had a good time in HPE. As much as I despise the subject, it can be pretty good, sometimes. Today, our class was meant to be doing Volleyball. I don't know why. For some reason, the teacher has an obsession with volleyball. Even though barely anyone seems to take proper interest in it. Hurrm. Anyway, for some reason, the teacher decided that four people could go off and play unsupervised tennis, while the remainder of the class played volleyball. Naturally, [Gojo], [ClearlyUnfocused], [AnonymousAlbino] and I all volunteered to play tennis stright away. I mean, the HPE teacher was lucky to have all of us turn up to his lesson. We're all... Less than fit. Or sporty. So, for the whole period, we played a rather disjointed and dysfunctional game of tennis. I think I've mentioned it before, but [AnonymousAlbino] and I have this story going, where he's the protagonist, and I'm the antagonist. Well, I dibs'd being the antagonist, and he got stuck being the protagonist, because, who wants to be the good character? ehehe. I remember when I was a kid, and everyone would want to be the good guy or princess or whatever. Nowadays, people fight over being the baddie. Well, I don't know if normal members of society make up strange stories and cast themselves as characters, but whatever. I decided that we also needed an antihero and an antivillain. [Gojo] dibs'd antihero, and [ClearlyUnfocused] reluctantly took antivillain. It was most amusing, seeing as half of our party didn't even fully know what those character types were at first.

Anyhoo, back to the tennis game! So, we paired off into doubles. [Gojo] and I were a team. We were the dark side, and we haz cookies! We found it a most fitting antag/antihero pairing, seeing as the antihero typically is cast with the antagonist, or pretends to be bad/is bad, then reforms. Obviously, [AnonymousAlbino] and [ClearlyUnfocused] were our opponents, fighting for the side of good. Though none of us were all too good at actually hitting the ball, or getting a rally going (though, I must say, the dark side was much better than the good >:3 mwahaha) it was an awesome tennis game.

Being evil and all, I decided that when actually winning by hitting the ball over the net failed, the best thing to do was to run at the protagonist, and face him in a duel, using the tennis rackets as swords. My swordsmanship was epic, but I could only stay on the side of good for so long, without having to return to the dark side to regain my villain powers. See, my Freudian excuse for being a villain was that I was such a failed tennis player, I tried to overcompensate by being evil. And I had a tragic back story. Bad childhood, yo. [ClearlyUnfocused]'s Freudian excuse just was the protagonist. They were always arguing, and he treated her very badly. Actually, their bickering, while hilarious, held up the game a lot. The antihero and I decided that the good side was much too slow.

Except, my antihero seemed to have BST with the protagonist. This was all "very stifling to the plot". Although, their interactions were very amusing, as it proved that she was not truly evil. While they were bickering, I tried to convince the antivillain to leave the side of good, and come over to the dark side, where everything was better. I used my manipulative skillz to get her to give me a ball, at one stage :3 It was a victory for the plot, and for evil.

I have the most random times at school. Like, this afternoon, [Gojo], [ClearlyUnfocused], [Dylman] and I made a barricade at the top of the stairs to stop our English teacher from getting through, and therefore avoid giving us our drafts back. Mkay, so I was kinda annoyed that after eight days, I hadn't gotten my draft back, but the whole situation was just amusing. The dude hadn't even marked the drafts yet, so he sat outside the staffroom, marking them, and using very colourful language to describe the task. Then our instrumental teacher walked past, and the two teachers had the weirdest mock-staring-competition-thing I've ever seen. I think bombarding teachers after school, and playing weird story-tennis-games are the sorts of things I'll remember about school. The work is going to be forgotten so quickly, but those things, yeah, I'll remember them. And I shall look back and trololol.

Top left: Gojo, Top Right: AnonymousAlbino, Bottom left: Meee, Bottom right: ClearlyUnfocused. The crazy tennis story game thang!

Now, for something completely random. At said draft conferencing thing, [ClearlyUnfocused] was saying that she would really need her chocolate this afternoon. And I was like "Whaaat? Oh, thaaaat chocolate," and our English teacher was all "Errrm. Chocolate isn't code for heroin or something, is it?" lolz. Luckily, it is not. Otherwise, our instrumental teacher would have bought my friends and I blocks of heroin yesterday. Awkward! Oh yeah, our band totes played at a shopping centre yesterday. And we were awesome. And [Gojo] introduced me to the best chips and gravy ever. And we got free donuts. And, as mentioned, the instrumental teacher bought us blocks of chocolate as a thank-you for busking at some school event. It was totalawesomeballs!

Well, I better go actually fix my draft, even though I don't really understand the feedback my teacher has written. Oh wells! Farewell, kiddiewinkles. Excaibur agrees with me: DON'T DO DRUGS. N'awww moral ending.

1 comment:

  1. BST eh? I wouldn't say that. There was definitely some epic bickering between us all though. HPE was very fun today ^^
    I SHIP SMITHSTON. JOHNSITH? YEAH SURE.
    LOL IMAGE. TROLOLO
    Chips + Gravy = <3

    I was going to do English this arvo. I swear, I was! But...

    ...yeah no. :3

    ReplyDelete