Sunday 1 May 2011

Is this real life, or is this just fantasy?

BR reference, bitchezzz! For those of you who thought that I'd disappeared off the face of the planet during this long weekend, your theory is not that flawed. Once again I have managed to contract the flu, leaving me bedridden, in a lot of pain and barely able to breathe as of Saturday morning. Let me just say, I have not been having much fun. I'm only at the computer at the moment as I am feeling a little better (well, my throat isn't feeling so sore that you could be forgiven for thinking that someone was stabbing a voodoo doll of me in the neck, which is a start) and I need to actually work on some of my assignments. I had seriously intended to be doing that this weekend, but you know, when you feel desperately ill,, the last thing you want to do is sit down and work on school stuff. I really don't know what wrong with my body at the moment. Every time I get over one bout of illness, I contract a worse one. I mean, I've always been prone to getting ill, and every year I end up missing way too much school in term two and three because of this. It doesn't mean that I wasn't hoping and praying that this year would be different. Gosh, anyone would think that I'm Nagisa. Yes, I'm aware that that reference went over everyone's heads, but it amused me, so, yeah.

My apologies to [TentuoTuo], I turned on my phone this morning and got your txt. Hope you and ythe crew had a fun time cooking, and it's probably best that I wasn't there. No one wants the sick girl coughing and dying over all your good food, right? I do lament not being able to get out of the house this weekend, though. [CrazyTeacher] was right, I really do need to get out more, for my own sanity.

My sanity, wait, what sanity, I does haz sanity? At the moment, not really. A lovely mix of drugs (aspirin, people. Nothing bad), sickness and my ability to daydream to the point where I forget that I am actually a live person, staring into space and not running arounf in my fantasies, has left me rather out of it this weekend. Everyone knows that I often daze out and just go into my own world, but I think I've done that so much this weekend, that I'm actually having more trouble remembering what I have done in real life than what I was daydreaming about. Not that I've been doing much. Does lying in bed, drinking water, reading fanfiction on your iPod until your eyes hurt, listening to classical music and coughing up a lung actually count as doing something? Not really.

Yet, despite my poor health, my lack of sanity and sleep (do you have any idea how hard it is to doze off when you can't breathe, and there is a dagger in your neck? Not to mention, I can never fall asleep quickly, even when I am perfectly comfortable) and having done next to nothing, I am not feeling at all depressed. In fact, I am feeling optimistic. I don't have the slightest clue why, because there isn't much to be optimistic about. I'm behind on assignments, I haven't and can't practice instrumental, I'm sick as a dog, I'm all alone and I look like a mess. But, for some strange reason, I feel like it's all good.

This is random, but, I am terrible at making requests of God. I'll go to ask for something, and then suddenly be all "No, scratch that. I'll wait until the time is right to meet someone/get something/have something happen." and then later think to myself, "Why couldn't you just ask? There's no harm." I don't know, I feel like asking is taking the easy way out. Then again, I've been taking the easy way out in life a lot lately, and I'm sick of it. I'm going to work hard for what I want, and stop standing back passively in my life... Maybe. Well, that's what I want to do anyway. No. Seek and ye shall find. No wonder I'm not getting anywhere; I haven't exactly been trying very hard with my life lately, I've just been whinging about silly things.

Gah. Head. Hurts. I shall send in my unfinished ExtMus drafts, and do my homework, then I think I'll crawl back into bed again. Thank goodness for the long weekend, because without it, I would have had to take another day off school. So, happy Labour Day, everyone! I can't remember why we celebrate it (I did know, once upon a time), but hey, it gives us a day off, so it's all good!

Me too, LOLcat ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you has health issues. Sick again? Get better hobro! :)

    ReplyDelete