Monday 18 April 2011

Let Me Be Your Wings...

I have spent the day in bed with a hottie... A hot water bottle that is. Yeah, I wish the second half of that sentences wasn't there too *snarky smile* I don't know why I'm smiling snarkily, because that doesn't really fit the situation at all. Ehehe, too bad.

So, yes, I have been n bed pretty much all day. I've been getting sick quite a bit lately, which isn't surprising, because I seem to catch things during term 2/3 every single year. At least I haven't got the flu yet. Fingers crossed that I miss out on that one this year! I've just got the lovely mix of your common cold, and an allergic reaction to all the pollens in the air at the moment. Let's just say, I'm not the prettiest sight at the moment. Unless, you know, coughing, sniffing girls who lie around complaining about their sore head and throat turn you on. Each to his own.

I haven't really been doing much to make myself any better. I mean, yesterday I got home, had a cup of tea, and then just flopped into bed. Sounds like a good thing to do, right? Well, it was, but it didn't last. Even sick people get bored, and despite banning myself from Facebook, I couldn't resist using my iTouch for other internet uses. Somehow, I got onto watching Princess Tutu AMVS. Some of which were so full of awesome, they made me love the show even more... If that's possible. When my parents went to bed, I decided to watch an actual episode. Yes, the correct thing to do when you have a headache, and the light from your screen is hurting your eyes, is to watch anime episodes. It was around nine o'clock, and a good time for me to actually go to bed. Alas, I went back to watch more AMVs. Someone had decided to do a few to songs from The Swan Princess, and well, that reminded me of my childhood. Am I the only one who watched that movie (and the sequel. And the sequel's sequel. Awkward!) as a kid? Most likely. But anyway, that reminded me of being a kid, and made me want to watch the movie again. So I looked up all the songs on Youtube and had a laugh to myself. The lyricist for that movie must have had a ball writing all those stereotype-y, satire-y, pun-y, funny lines. Actually, it would be really awkward if they actually took that movie seriously, because I didn't even when I was seven. I can still remember my mother literally running across the house to listen to Princesses on Parade. To be fair, it was a pretty good parody song. If I ever have kids that watch that movie, I'd sprint across the house to listen to it.

Ahhh... nostalgia.

After that session of watching stuff, I tried for an hour to get to sleep, but my headache, coupled with my refusal to have any form of medication was making it hard. Soooo, I went back to TSP songs again. The distracting thing about Youtube is all the recommended videos. I ended up finding songs from all sorts of movies from my childhood. There was everything from I Stand Alone from Quest for Camelot (I'd completely forgotten about that movie, even though I'd watched it heaps of times) to Once Upon a December from Anastasia. Despite feeling like crudballs, I had an awesome time reliving the animated awesomeness of my youth. Too bad it caused me to stay up until after midnight... I know, I'm always full of such smart ideas.


I FREAKIN' LOVED THIS MOVIE! And who didn't have a cartoon crush on Dimitri?

Okay, so you can blame Thumbelina for keeping me up so late, because I spent more times listening to the music from that movie than pretty much all of the others combined. Please, someone tell me that I wasn't the only person that watched this as a kid? I re-watched it today for the first time in about ten years, because I had nothing to do... Okay, I could have been catching up on school assignments and such. I re-watched it purely because I wanted to. I don't know which is sadder: the fact that I still knew 90% of the dialogue by heart, the fact that my Mum relocated herself to the lounge room so that she could watch it with me, while she worked, or the fact that I find it more romantic now, than I did ten years ago. I cried at the ending, for flip's sake. That never happened when I was a kid. So, I think I'm regressing. Usually you watch animated stuff as a kid and say "Awwwww. So romantic! I wants me some prince!" and come to be a teenager and say "Urgh. This is so unrealistic. Nothing like this is ever going to happen. Men aren't like this. I can't believe I used to watch this crud."

"... anything that you desire; anything at all! Everyday I'll take you higher and I'll never let you fall!" Ah, so romantic. And, Cornelius is the only male character who should be allowed to sparkle. :3

... then again, I've pretty much become a total sap at the moment. I'm so sappy, you could take all the sap out of the [many!] trees in my backyard, and combine it into one big sap-tub, and it still wouldn't describe my sappy-ness. I still think that I am regressing back into a child. Even though the song Let Me Be Your Wings never sounded as romantic when I was a kid. Like, I should shut up about this, but it bothers me. I've alwaysssssss been a hopeless romantic, and very much so as a child. To become even more so is... worrying. Because, I would really like to act like I didn't give a toss about romance. Pretty much proves that I fail at having any sort of facade. Yay fail!

Gawshdangit, I have a headache again. I should go back to bed, so I am well enough to go to school tomorrow. Man, is it bad that I don't want to be well enough to go to school tomorrow? I can afford to miss another day, but, being away just feels so good! Et hem. Anyway, I will return to school tomorrow. But, I have strangely enjoyed my day off, being sappy and ill. I'm sorry that my blog fluctuates from having amusing anecdotes, to me ranting about sap-tastic things and my issues. I tend to use this blog as a rant-outlet. Ah well. Errg. My head hurts even more. I'll actually go to bed now. Hoping that everyone had a good day!

*starry eyed* I've listened to this song way too many times in the past 24 hours. Regression, I tell you, regression! Still, even musically-analytically speaking, it's a good song. Sappily speaking, it's amazeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment