Wednesday 20 July 2011

What the tertiary education?

I really don't seem to have much luck in life. It took me my entire highschool life up until now to decide what I wanted to do next year. During the past five years, I've changed what profession I wanted to go into so many times, I've lost count. Last week alone, I changed what I wanted to do and what university I wanted to go to five times, no joke. But yesterday, I suddenly found my ideal course and University. Isn't it wonderful? The only problem is... It's in the middle of New South freakin' Wales. Usually when you are choosing a tertiary study place thing, you go "These are the ones in my city. I'll go to one of them." But, because I'm a special kid, I can't seem to operate like that.

I went to this careers expo on the weekend, and didn't really come across anything spectacular, as always. But yesterday I was flipping through some of the course brochures I'd picked up, and was drawn to the vibrant cover of the University of New England one. Normally, for anonimity's sake, I don't mention names of places, but I'm nowhere near it, so that doesn't exactly give much away. Turns out UNE has the most amazing International Studies degree, and the whole place is just beautiful. I completely fell in love with it. Seeing as I have pretty much no money, and I am, let's say, rather young, there is no way that I could move there next year. So, in the time that I should have been sleeping, I concocted an amazing plan: study the first year of a Diploma in Languages (Spanish) in mah city, and spend the rest of my time working to get enough money to make the move. I know, I am just so incredibly intelligent. I pride myself on the fact that everyone else was like "Yeah, I'm going to one of the big three universities in our state" and I was all "Stuff y'all, I'm heading somewhere different." But, let's face it, I've never been one to follow what everyone else is doing. I like to do my own thang.

So yes, despite the strangeness of the situation, I'd just like to sit here and gloat for a bit anout my awesome planning for my future. Not that my planning has really been that great. I mean, I've changed what course I wanted to do so many times. I think that's what made finding 'the one' more satisfying. No one told me to go there. No one told me to do that. At the time, I didn't even know of anyone who would be interested in going to university there. It was all my choice. And that's what makes me so satisfied with it.

I'm hoping that university forces me to be social or something. I mean, I like talking to people, but in moderation. At least if I'm not studying full time next year, I won't have to be stuck in books so much, which will be awesome. But, I should stop thinking of that. The mother of all anti-ninja total lamities is coming up in 6 weeks. Sitting a test that pretty much determines what I can do for the next few years? The word I'm looking fr here is 'shizballsofhorrible'. 'Scary' for all you people that are DSG-speak impared. Ooh, I should totally have my own language. That would be awetasticness. I wonder if there are people in the world who are annoyed by the use of such joint-words. Please excuse me while I go and muse about this...

... okay, I'm done. I haven't blogged in a while, so I should probably insert something about the random shiz that has been going o in my life. My school is having an Academic Assembly, and I'm getting an academic award. I don't know how, but I've managed to pull it off once again. Well, I do know how; it was through hard work, persistence and a lot of whinging. As much as I am looking forward to getting out of it, I've realised that I'll miss school when I leave. I know, sentimentality.

I shall cut this off before I go all cheesy on you. Hopefully I'll be back to blogging regularly soon, and have some interesting and fun shizzywobble to share. Buenos noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment